Instagram is a widely used social media platform. Millions of users scrolling through its feed daily have become a vital source for businesses to market their products and services online.
Contemporary businesses generate a significant amount of profit through Instagram. Instagram features different options for customers to contact any business account. Businesses on Instagram enable different features on their profile to respond to potential customers timely, i.e., a link mentioned in a business account’s bio that redirects to its website, direct messaging on Instagram for queries, and a contact button for direct texting or calling.
To grow your business on Instagram, it is vital to make it uncomplicated for your target audience to text you. If you’re a frequent Instagram user, your business profile should have a contact button option so that users can quickly SMS you on your local number. By doing this, your ability to attract new customers will increase considerably.
Adding a contact button will enable SMS messages to be sent to you from your followers or potential customers. In this beginners’ Instagram guide, you’ll learn how to set up a contact button on your Instagram account profile that’ll eventually help your business generate profit.
Instagram only allows 150 characters for a user bio on a profile. That’s not enough if you want to make it simple for your customers to contact and locate you. Switching to a business account will let you add contact links, such as your phone number, email address, and driving instructions. Customers can phone, email, or search for you by tapping the buttons on your profile. So, switching to a business profile is the first step. Feel free to go to the next section if you already have a business account. If not, follow the below-mentioned simple steps.
Switch from personal account to business account.
- Click on the three lines in the top right corner of your Instagram profile on the mobile app.
- Select settings.
- Select account.
- Scroll down in the account settings and find a blue text that reads Switch to Professional Account.
- Considering the rise of Instagram influencers, Instagram has introduced two different types of business profiles. Select business if you’re not a celebrity or influencer and only looking to promote business through Instagram.
- Link your business Facebook page to your Instagram account to have it verified.
- If you don’t have your business page on Facebook, you can create a profile through Instagram.
- And that’s it. Now you’ve successfully switched to a business account.
SMS Messaging Button on Instagram Business Profile
You can add your phone number to your Instagram business profile by following simple steps.
- Tap the Edit Profile button.
- Select Contact Options.
- Add your contact number.
- Under “how would you like to be reached?” select “Text.”
- Finally, tap “Done.”
- Now, you will receive SMS messages directly from your Instagram business account!
Inform your followers that they can text you directly from your Instagram business profile whenever they want. Offering a discount code that is texted back to each new sign-up from your Instagram page is a fantastic method to attract new contacts! This set-it-and-forget-it approach is a terrific way to use your social media channel to gather leads and boost sales.
Why Add Text Button To Your Instagram Profile?
- You may have more in-depth conversations with your fans on Instagram.
- You’ve already prepared them to start receiving SMS by interspersing posts from friends and family with images of your goods or service.
- 80% of customers use Instagram to decide whether to purchase a good or service.
- A viewer’s decision to buy from you or keep scrolling may depend on whether they can SMS your company directly from your Instagram profile.
- Texting can help you turn those views into sales because you already have their attention when they are on your business profile.
- Almost 11% of social referrals to e-commerce websites come from Instagram. The deal is sweetened with the addition of texting to your page. No risk, only profit!
Why is Instagram a great social media platform for businesses?
The following are the three key factors that make people switch to a business profile.
1. Accessibility and Exposure
Before the introduction of Instagram business profiles, the only option for followers to interact with a brand outside of Instagram was to click the website link in the profile.
A contact button will appear on your profile once you enter your business account’s contact information. Users of Instagram only need to click that button, then select if they want to email, call, text, or locate you. Make use of pertinent hashtags and brand-related photos to post.
Instagram is one of the major social media channels to launch analytics tools. Its business analytics capabilities, Insights, provide a quick overview of how your Instagram content works out for your business.
You can view an overview of your Instagram posts by visiting your profile and selecting the Insights tab at the top of your account.
You may view analytics for impressions, reach, and follower data from the previous week by checking insights.
3. Instagram ads.
You can make social media ads using the Instagram app if you have a business account.
Click on the post you want to promote, and then choose Promote. As Instagram takes significant steps to verify advertising on its platform, in our experience, the period between the development of an ad and its full promotion can range from a few hours to a day or more. As you purchase, Instagram may ask you to connect to or authenticate with your Facebook account.
From there, you may choose a call-to-action button’s language, a target demographic, a spending limit, and a timeline for your campaign.
Your content may appear to people at different times, depending on Instagram’s algorithm. You can improve your chances of success by turning your Instagram account into a business presence.
Through the help of the insights tool, learn what content is effective for you, what services to offer going forward, and when to post it for maximum exposure and interaction.